Deriving Optimal Benefits from Hearing Aids
In order to derive the desired benefits from hearing aids, a prospective user must obtain the following services from the dispenser:
- Accurate and comprehensive diagnosis of hearing loss.
- Sufficient knowledge of available options and capabilities of various types of hearing aids.
- Appropriate selection of hearing aids for specific types of hearing loss.
- Proper fitting by an experienced and competent dispenser.
- Right counselling (especially for first timers) on what to and not to expect from hearing aids.
- Excellent back-up services: repairs, up-dates, accessories availability and warranties.
As with most electronic devices, the lifespan of a hearing aid equally depends on its proper usage and maintenance by the owner. This and other useful consumer information are supplied with every purchase from the Centre. In addition we undertake periodic customer satisfaction surveys to ensure that the services provided by the Centre are carefully tailored to meet the needs of our clients. [Useful reference: Article by Bola Olusanya on Professional tips in support of administering hearing aids. NAFDAC Consumer Safety Bulletin, July – September 2002, Vol 1, No. 2: 38 – 39. Published by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. Abuja, Nigeria].
As a corporate policy, the centre does not trade in, market or supply medical or audiological equipment to third parties.